Wednesday 4 May 2011

Chorizo, tomato and feta frittata

Morning peeps!

Hope you are all recovering well from the public holiday bonanza! My outlaws are going home today after being here for two weeks, I'm sad to see them go, especially Che's Mum's Chinese cooking, but it will be nice to have Flynn back to myself again!
My attempt to replicate Donna's photo...
Anyhoo, enough of my waffle - this recipe was YUM, even Che who isn't that keen on Spanish food (I think he holds a grudge because he reckons that Spanish tapas is ripping off Chinese yum cha...... :o) crazy fool) liked it. I followed the recipe as is and it really doesn't need any changes. I used feta because goats cheese was really expensive and I was being a cheapskate that week, but I think the goats cheese would make it even tastier. Oh - my one little issue was I wasn't sure if you stirred the egg into the tomato mixture in the pan or not, so I just did a really shallow little stir, not enough to mix it, just enough to make the egg layer not entirely even.... if that makes sense. And that seemed to work. The coriander on it was really good to.

I don't have Donna's photo to add because I'll never get this loaded if I don't do it now, but it's on page 35 of issue 56. I hope this inspires someone else to cook it!

How we ate it, with salad and sauteed mushrooms, yum yum yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment